FSX F1 G-1000 users flying KLAS STARs

ChuckOman

FSX F1 G-1000 users flying KLAS STARs

Post by ChuckOman »

Many PE users are happily flying SoCal with Xplane, but the Flight 1 Turbo Skylane 182, Citation and Beech 200 Super King Air for FSX are also well suited for PE routes. The G-1000 glass cockpit includes a GPS LPV approach database and is updatable with Navigraph SID, STAR and IAP databases. However, since Las Vegas McCarran is a popular PE destination, and used for the I-5 SID STAR test, I thought Flight 1 users should be aware of a KLAS database issue if they plan KLAS STAR arrivals followed by an RNAV approach: If you select a KLAS STAR arrival (e.g. the CLARR2 or CRESO3, and then an RNAV IAP (e.g. the GPS approaches to R01 or R19R or 19L), some approach waypoint names are missing, and several intermediate waypoints have 6600 distances, making the RNAV IAPs unusable. The problem is limited to the RNAVs; the ILS and LOC approaches load OK. Once the Arrival RNAV problem occurs, deleting the entire route isn't a solution - RNAVs then won't load properly at any airport. (Apparently some variable isn't being reset in the G1000 code. You must restart FSX). Happily the problem is limited to the RNAV approaches. Perhaps it is related to the G1000 built in LPV database. But it isn't simple: the AIRAC RNAV approaches do load properly if (and only if) you don't select a STAR arrival. I've posted a note on the Navigraph forum. I have not encountered this problem with STARs and RNAVs into other airports, e.g. KSNA or KLAX. If anyone notices this problem at other airports, put a post here. But if for now, always check your approach for abberant waypoints, and if you are flying an arrival at KLAS, and want the option of using an RNAV, don't load the Navigraph arrival. Put the STAR waypoints into your main route.
Ryan B

Re: FSX F1 G-1000 users flying KLAS STARs

Post by Ryan B »

Typically that is a navigraph/aerosoft navdata problem. I've seen that through the years how one approach or star will be wrong...

Try reverting to and older or updating to a newer DB.
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL