Star question

Jetblue291

Star question

Post by Jetblue291 »

Hi guys have a question about a star. I'm planning my flight from north Vegas back to john Wayne and was looking at the available stars. The HEC.KAYOH5 is the arrival in question, its has vertical planning info for turbojwt and non turbo jet, and the crossing altitudes work for my aircraft type PA24 Comanche as the expected crossing altitude at Hector forgive me if the crossing altitude is at a different fix as I don't have the chart in front of me but, the highest crossing altitude for non turbojets is 12000, and my cruising altitude is 12000, all great. Now my question is about the speed restriction at kayhoh of 210k. Obviously my Comanche cannot do that so does this mean I am unable to fly that star because I cannot meet the 210k speed restriction, and BTW the chart states at 210k not above or below. I watched the workshop on stars but it was some time ago and in my aircraft I rarely get to fly stars as I spend my time mostly in the great world of socal tec routes. Oh and this is a PE flight I'm referring to not RW, so thanks in advance for any replies.
Matthias Geiss

Re: Star question

Post by Matthias Geiss »

There was a similar question some days ago: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5655
So basically it is ok to be slower, but you should inform ATC.
Jetblue291

Re: Star question

Post by Jetblue291 »

Ok thank you, should be a fun flight lefttrn2 out of North Vegas kayoh5 into john Wayne!!! Flying IFR procedures by the book is very gratifying!